Breaking News

Arise Sir Noel














Make Gallagher Prime Minister

Noel Gallagher makes more sense than any politician I've ever listened to.

In fact, the Oasis genius has so impressed me this week, I'm going to get over-excited, and say he should be knighted.

Balls to it, I'll go further: he should enter politics.

I'm sure Noel will think I'm a tit for saying a Sir would suit him and wouldn't even consider ditching the shade to don a suit to help run the country.

But I wish he would.

As well as slicing through celebrities, the man speaks on politics with a straightforward clarity that is inspirational to the ordinary bloke.

Please Noel, get involved. Your country needs you.

All the evidence says he would be brilliant at it. if you think I'm talking twaddle, then consider this.

After a lifetime of being barraged with abuse from Liam, policy battles at the House of Commons would hold no fear for him.

On war: First-hand experience with Liam
On drugs: Like most politicians, done loads.
On employment: Signed on for years.

And if it ever got too heated he could fall back on: "If you don't watch it, my brother will come down for you."

Seriously, this bloke is cool in a way I never knew existed.

Yes, he's got the whole rock star thing going on, but while he was closing the Brits with Oasis on ITV, a pre-recorded interview with him was going out on the BBC's Newsnight.

And he did what politicians never do: intelligently told it exactly how it is, in a way that everyone could understand and no one could argue with.

He also reiterated a point I made in this colum last month - people are more interested in reality TV than they are in how their country is run.

We already know he's got mass appeal - just look at the number of albums sold and stadia filled.

Not only did his band help to make guitar music cool again, but they also inspired just about every group that was nominated at the Brit Awards.

Are you really telling me that he couldn't get those same kids to care about thier country?

Noel - at the very least, just keep speaking up.

You've made me take note and I don't listen to anyone.

You really could be the voice Working Class Man no longer has in Goverment.

Source: Sunday Star

No comments