Breaking News

The Twang: Noel Didn't Want Our Demo




















Indie rockers The Twang have hit the big time - but it seems it's no thanks to Noel Gallagher

The Birmingham band - whose debut single Wide Awake reached No 15 earlier this year -claim the Oasis rocker snubbed them when they tried to give him their demo tape at Glastonbury festival.

"I had my demo in my pocket, and I went over to him and asked him if I could give him my demo," says frontman Phil Etheridge.

"He said no, he didn't have any room. But he had a backpack so I didn't believe him. But I didn't argue - it was Noel Gallagher - I just walked off. I was a bit starstruck then."

He adds: "He probably thought, who is this little knob? I think he said some nice things about us recently, so that's amazing."

But things are about to change for Phil and bandmates Martin Saunders, Jon Watkin, Stu Hartland and Matty Clinton - because this year they're playing Reading and Leeds festivals themselves, which they admit is "a dream".

"We've stood in the crowd at festivals, doing the usual 'It'll be us one year' and now it really will be," says Phil.

The Twang are currently touring the UK. Their next single, Either Way, is out on May 28 and their album, Love It When I Feel Like This, is out on June 4.

Source: www.virginmedia.com

No comments