Breaking News

Noel Gallagher: 'I Was Embarrassed For Kaisers And Razorlight'




















Oasis man speaks after Beatles tribute album

Oasis star Noel Gallagher has revealed which 'Sgt Pepper' track they have covered for a Radio 2 special - but he's not so keen on some of the other artist who have tackled songs from the LP.

Oasis have recorded 'Within You Without You to celebrate 40 years since the release of 'Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band'.

The George Harrison-written song was specially chosen by brother Liam Gallagher, as Noel explained, "I said if Liam wants to do it, I'll do it, so he was up for it and decided he was going to pick the song. I just assumed he would say 'A Day In The Life', but he came back with Within You Without You , and I was like 'What? There's no guitars on it!'"

The tribute record also features the talents of Razorlight and Kaiser Chiefs.

Speaking of the difficulties the bands faced, recording with the original Abbey Road recording equipment, Noel expressed his opinion on the performances of fellow contemporaries Razorlight and Kaiser Chiefs.

He said: "I was watching Kaiser Chiefs and Razorlight on the documentary and with the greatest respect to those two bands, it was embarrassing. I was embarrassed for them."

Speaking of why the record is so close to his heart, Noel revealed: "'Sgt Pepper' is special for me because I was born on the 29 May, and it came out on the 1 June. So when I was being born in St Mary's Hospital, Manchester, it was being played on hospital radio."

Meanwhile, 'Sgt Pepper''s 40th Anniversary special is on Radio 2 at 8pm on June 16.

Source: www.nme.com

No comments