Breaking News

I Look Back In Laughter




















T In The Park 2007 Alex goes from monkeying Oasis to top of the bill

Arctic Monkeys frontman Alex Turner prepared for life as a pop star by impersonating Oasis at his school dance.

Relaxing in his dressing room at T In The Park, the singer revealed he "learned his chops" as a guitarist by taking off Oasis's original axeman, Bonehead.

Speaking before his band played to a rain-soaked and mud-spattered crowd on Friday night, Alex said: "I never playedmy tennis racket in front of the mirror, pretending to be a pop star. But when I was in sixth year at school, we did Oasis at our dance.

"Our drummer Matt was Liam Gallagher, my mate Clarky was Noel and I was Bonehead. I felt more famous then than I do now.

"We had rounders bases for microphones and tennis rackets as guitars."

Comparing life then with fame now, he added: "I think I've managed to dodge a lot of that pop star stuff. I don't want to be seen as a face.

"It wasn't even a case of pop stardom living up to my expectations because I don't think I had any in the first place."

The Monkeys snubbed the chance to appear at yesterday's Live Earth gig at Wembley in favour of Balado.

Source: www.sundaymail.co.uk

No comments