Breaking News

More On The New Oasis Album












Noel Gallagher says his songs on the next Oasis album will be inspired by acid trips from the past.

He's been talking to 6 Music about progress on their next record. The band are heading back to Abbey Road studios on 05 November to get stuck in to album number seven:

"We done a few tracks in Abbey Road about - seems like an age ago now - about six weeks ago. And then we've taken six weeks off for me to get acquainted with my new son: the future of British music.

"And then we start back in Abbey Road a week on Monday, (05 Nov) if anyone's interested, and then we'll proabbly work through a couple of months there, have Christmas off, then go and mix it and see where we're at."

And Noel told us the album has already developed its own feel:

"Funnily enough, we all write seperately, but for some reason all the songs sound like they've got a common thread."

"We've been focusing round the grooves more this time, the last album was quite 'songy,' if that makes any sense, I don't know.

"But it was quite 'songy:' Importance of Being Idle, Let There Be Love - it was quite a British, retro, 60s sounding album. This is kinda focusing round the grooves more.

"Saying that, we've only done two tracks but all the demos that we've done are great."

And he revealed his lyrical inspiration, which seems to have been hard to find:

"I've literally got nothing left to write about: I've wrote about being a youth, and I've wrote about being a rock star, and I've wrote about living life in the big city.

"I've been re-visiting some of my more psychedelic trips of a younger man, because I remember them all you see...putting them to music."

The Oasis DVD Lord Don't Slow Me Down is in shops now.

Source: www.bbc.co.uk/6music

No comments