Breaking News

Steve White Discussing Alan White














From a new interview with Steve White offering some insight into Alan and Oasis:

ZANI – You’ve mentioned your Brother Alan, and as we know he played drums with Oasis for nearly 10 years. We had Brit Pop, in the mid 90s with acts like Oasis and Paul Weller at the top of this ‘tree’, which featured you and Alan in both bands respectively. Not only are you and Alan part of Pop history, but I bet your parents must have been the proudest parents in southeast London.

Steve White- They were and still are. When Oasis was added to the mix of my family, we would get the Daily Mirror ringing my mum up, trying to catch her out. The good thing, about the Oasis mania, was the fact that I was there for Alan. To make sure he made the right business decisions. To make sure that the accountants and managers didn’t get their hands on his money. I was really glad I was there, because I was able to guide him. Alan did 10 years with Oasis, and maybe it was the right time to move on.

ZANI –What actually happened between Alan and Oasis. Why was he asked to leave in 2004?

Steve White – There were some disputes about meetings. I wasn’t there so I couldn’t comment. What you would get would be a story from either side. I am sure they’ve all got their opinions, and I respect that. The bottom line is that Alan got a call four days before Christmas from ‘The Manager’, and he was told he was out of the band. And he hasn’t seen or heard from Noel or Liam since.

ZANI – That’s a bit sad, seeing he had been with them for many years.

Steve White – All Alan wanted, was to have a pint of Stella, and the guys to say what we want is to get Zak Starkey in, as we don’t think you’re right for us anymore. Alan would have had no problem with that, as nothing lasts forever.

But it was just the circumstances of the events which were shocking. They shocked me, and they hurt Alan.

ZANI – What is Alan doing now?

Steve White – He’s a property developer. The bottom line is, he played on records that sold over 27 million copies worldwide, as a fully paid up member of the band. He’s done very well.

ZANI – So the elder brother’s business advice paid off?

Steve White – Alan is doing all right, thank you. He would love to play again, but I think he was really hurt the way it was done, with Oasis. But he wasn’t the first musician that it had happened to.

But for someone like Liam, and Noel, who presents this image,” I am tough, I am hard, and I can take on anyone.” They couldn’t stand there, face to face, with Alan, I don’t like that.

Read the full interview by clicking here.

Source: www.zani.co.uk

No comments