Breaking News

What's The Story? Morning Glory For Oasis Fans















About 1,000 Oasis fans queued at the Stadium of Light today as tickets went on sale for the Wearside leg of the band's UK tour.

Crowds were so large that stadium officials brought forward the sale of tickets from 10am to 8am.

Hundreds had braved strong winds and the cold night to camp outside, eager to see the concert on June 10.

Devotees of the Britpop supergroup began queuing on Wednesday to make sure they got one of the 4,000 tickets available at the stadium, and were joined by hundreds more this morning.

Christopher McGowan, 22, of Hylton Castle, who was first in the queue, had been waiting since noon on Wednesday.

He said: "It feels great now, having the tickets in my hand. This is the first time I've seen them. It's going to be mint!"

His friend Philip Young, 25, of Hylton Castle said: "It's been amazing queueing. It's been very cold but it feels great now that I've got them. It's been worth the wait. I'm over the moon but I'm going to bed now because I am shattered!"

Chelsay Scott, 18, of Fulwell has been waiting since 3pm yesterday. She said: "I've finally got them, it's taken forever and it was really cold last night. Now I can't wait to see them."

Stuart Metcalf, 25, of Fence Houses was still queueing at 8.30am. He had been waiting for 14 hours. He said: "I saw them last week at Cardiff but I really want to see them in Sunderland. I came straight from work and will be going straight to work so I hope I get them."

Jenny Cook, 28, of Gosforth, Newcastle had just arrived at 8.30am. She said: "I'm really hoping to get tickets. I've loved Oasis since their first album and I've been to see them twice before but to see them in the North East would be amazing."

The Mancunian band, which was propelled to fame in the Nineties with smash hit debut album Definitely Maybe, will be supported by two other massive acts - Kasabian and The Enemy - in what has been called a massive coup for the city.

Source: www.sunderlandecho.com

No comments