Breaking News

Oasis' BRITs Snub












Oasis haven't been invited to this year's BRIT Awards, Noel Gallagher has revealed.

Guitarist Noel Gallagher has revealed the band - who were awarded the Outstanding Contribution to Music prize at the 2007 ceremony - are yet to receive their tickets to this month's ceremony.

He told Absolute Radio: "We won't be going. Because we're not on a major record label anymore and we run our own ship we don't get invited to those kind of things anymore. It's fair enough, we don't mind."

Although Oasis won't be attending, Noel is delighted U2 will be opening the event - which takes place on February 18 in London - with their new single 'Get On Your Boots'.

However, the 'Falling Down' rocker admits his bandmates - brother Liam Gallagher, guitarist Gem Archer and bassist Andy Bell - and friends in the music business don't share his love for the Irish group.

He added: "I am a fan and I wouldn't think that they could do a great deal wrong in my eyes. Well I have to say, much to the disgust of everybody else that I know in the music business, I'm actually a fan of U2. No one else I know likes them, but I do, I love them."

Source: www.stv.com

No comments