Breaking News

Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere





Taken from Noel's awarding winning tour Diary for oasisinet...

So. Where have we been then? Been to Bolzano, which is in Italy, but it used to be part of Austria and everyone speaks German!! Wonder if that causes problems during the World Cup?

Been doing a lot of Asian interviews of late. On the phone. I hate speaking on the phone, never mind being interviewed on the bloody thing. Saying that, I did impress a lady from Hong Kong with my knowledge of the 60s Hong Kong music scene - there actually was one! Teddy Robin And The Playboys - a tune called "Magic Colours" - amazing! I plan to cover it one day and turn it into a smash hit.

A Chinese journalist asked me did I have a message for "Chinese fan" ahead of our up-coming Chinese tour?

"Erm..not really"
"Nothing? Nothing you want to say?"
"Just tell 'em to watch out - Oasis are coming"
"Ok", she says. "I tell Chinese fan to wash it out!"

Left Italy behind last night in Florence. Before the show I overheard a frankly bizarre conversation between Tall Scratch and The Shroud, which went as follows:

T.S. - "I'm thinking of 'going commando' for the gig tonight."
Sh. - "Really? Why?"
T.S. - "Just to see what it feels like."
Me - (?!?!?!?!?)

Now, I'm all for a bit of bohemia, etc., but doing a gig with no underpants on?! Come on!? Is that what it's come to? That kinda shit leads to "other things" and it's a bit Carl Barat, to say the least..(more of that later).

For those of you who listened to the gig on the radio, I apologise. Think it sounded like a bit of a mess. Shame to end the Italian bit with a whimper. Still, them Italian kids fuckin' rule. See you at Wembley, if you're coming. FORZA ITALIA!!

It's the NME awards today. We got the award for the best band. Thanks very much if you voted for that. Best dressed man is the one I really wanted though. If only to annoy Romeo.

Today I am mostly in Vienna, Austria. Night off tonight. Gonna go to an Irish bar with the crew and hopefully watch Liverpool get put in their place by Real Madrid.

Now, it turns out the Scratch wasn't talking about his undies, he was talking about his.... EAR PLUGS!! He wears ear plugs and he was taking THEM out for the gig! Phewee! For a minute there I thought..well, actually, now I think about it, I don't know what's worse; the thought of someone doing the gig sans underwear or the fact that there are actually EAR PLUGS being worn onstage!

In a-fukin'-bit.

GD.

Source: www.oasisinet.com

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Best entry by Noel so far! No wonder he won the NME Awards for best band blog :)