Breaking News

Ray Davies Thinks It'll Be Sad If Oasis Don't Get Back Together



Ray Davies has confirmed to Sky News that he has set the wheels in motion to get back with the group he split from 13 years ago.

"I've done some demos with the original rhythm line up," says Davies, "and it's good."

Ray's brother Dave suffered a stroke five years ago, but now he has recovered sufficiently to play some solo gigs next year.

Ray says the success of them will decide the fate of the reunion shows.

"The important thing for me is whether or not my brother comes on board," Ray says, "but if it does happen it's got to have new material. I don't just want to do the oldies because that would not be interesting to me.

"You've got to feel you can make new product and new music."

Davies has filmed two episodes of the Sky Arts music show Songbook, where he explains the genesis of his classic songs, and performs them acoustically.

He's also backed by the choir that appears on his latest album, Kinks Choral Collection.

"With this record I've moved forward and backwards at the same time," laughs Davies.

"What's surprised me is the impact the choir has made on a lot of these songs. I didn't want it to be just simply a remake of the records so I had to re-examine them."

Davies also has some advice for the more recent set of famous bickering rock brothers, the Gallaghers from Oasis.

"It's inevitable that sibling rivalry emerges and people fall out," says Ray. "I've been falling out with Dave for years, and since we haven't been playing together we haven't fallen out at all, which is a good sign."

"Records like 'All Day and All Of The Night' couldn't have been made without an element of tension.

"I think it'll be sad if Oasis don't get back together, I only know the guys roughly, but we've met, and I get the feeling they will realise it'll be worth doing some more stuff together."

Source: Sky News

No comments