Breaking News

No Oasis Reunion For Bonehead















Ex-Oasis guitarist Bonehead was, unsurprisingly, besieged by calls this week after frontman Liam Gallagher namechecked him in his controversial acceptance speech at the Brit Awards on Tuesday night.

Liam paid tribute to all former Oasis members – except brother Noel, of course – in his expletive-laden speech for winning the Best Album of the past 30 years for What's The Story Morning Glory, before throwing the gong into the audience.

Founder member Bonehead, who quit the band in 1999, backs Liam's actions all the way.

Bonehead, real name Paul Arthurs, tells me: “I knew we'd won the award and I knew Liam was going along.

“But I didn't know I'd be getting a mention. I'm pleased though – I was involved in that album after all.

“I think good on him for chucking the award into the audience – it sums The Brits up really. I mean Lady Gaga winning? Please!”

But while Bonehead remains mates with Liam he's ruled out ever rejoining Oasis. He's now busy recording an album with his new band The Vortex, with a European tour planned in April.

He says: “Even if I was asked to go back to Oasis I wouldn't do it, even if I was offered £5mn, because I'm totally, totally focused on The Vortex now. I'm glad Liam is going to carry things on though.”

Source: www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk

No comments