Breaking News

Kele Okereke Does Not Want To Talk About Liam Gallagher




















Taken from a interview with Kele Okereke for thequietus.com.

I wanted to ask you a more general question, about intelligence in music, because I remember when Bloc Party were starting out, Liam Gallagher said you looked like a bunch of university students. And that always seemed strange to me - that that should be an insult, and that intelligence in music is something to scorn or be suspicious of. Is that something you're happy to talk about?

KO: Well, I would if you hadn't have paraphrased it by talking about Liam Gallagher.

Sorry.

KO: It's fine. But I can't really answer that now, I'm sorry. It's a shame.

Well, I can rephrase it if you want?

KO: No, because you've said it. And I don't really want to bring that up. And you've said it - if you hadn't said it and you'd put it in the piece, it would have been... I don't know. Next question.

OK, we'll move on then.

KO: It's a shame, because it was a good question, and I'd have liked to have answered it.

Yeah, I was just trying to put it in context.

KO: Yeah, but I don't want to keep getting asked questions about other people.

Read the full interview by clicking here.

'Time Flies... 1994-2009' is out now for more details click here.

No comments