Breaking News

Listen Again To Noel Gallagher On TalkSport



Noel Gallagher appeared on TalkSport again last night (19 June) and spoke about England's woeful performance against Algeria listen to the interview here.

Some extracts from the interview:

"It was bad, it was bad. You don't mind England playing not well but when it's so bad... its almost like they had never played together before."

The player he wouldn't have started against Algeria: "Aaron Lennon. I'm just not having him, he's good at running in a straight line really fast, and that's about the end of it."

Joe Cole not being used so far: "Why bring Joe Cole if you're not going to use him? If he doesn't play Joe Cole against Slovenia, that is just a ludicrous decision to bring him because he could have brought somebody else, he could have brought Adam Johnson."

Does he blame the Manager or the players: "He is a great Manager, hands down. There are six players in that team: theres Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Ashley Cole.... em... alright, theres four... they are pretty decent, like John Terry, fine, he's alright, you know, they are probably world class players, they've played Champions League finals and all that, they know what they're doing. I don't think you can say, "Its the Manager", because we've been through all that, you know what I mean?, we've got the Manager, the players we see week in week out and they're great, and I just think its the whole... its the England "thing", innit, do you know what I mean? I dono, maybe the weight of expectation from the media, and the fans is too big."

Rooney's criticism of the fans: "I think he was probably speaking for the team. I've got to say I've never booed anybody at a football match, I've left a couple of times." "I don't blame him for that but I reckon that's probably an underlying feeling within the team themselves, is like, you know, "We don't kinda need this", do you know what I mean? And whatever anybody says, booing is counter-productive - you're booing after the match, whats the point of all that, do you know what I mean, those lads go out there and they try their best, the booing is.. I don't know... its all people from Halifax, anyway, do you know what I mean?"

His optimism for the final group match: "The body language of those players coming off that pitch last night and the body language of the interviews I've seen today, if they can pull it out from here, I'd be staggered." "Slovenia have got a great chance of qualifying for the second round for the first time ever and all they've got to do is to stop England scoring, now, lets be frank, its been pretty easy so far." "England from 1 to 11 are pretty good, from 12 to 23 we're in trouble."

Why he prefers watching the matches at home, rather than in pubs: "If I go to a pub, I end up getting me picture taken for the first 45 minutes, and all that jazz..."

Thanks as always to Dougie.

'Time Flies... 1994-2009' is out now for more details click here.

No comments