Breaking News

Ray Stubbs On Drinking With Noel Gallagher













Taken from a interview with Ray Stubbs

Speaking of mayhem and madness, in an interview with Irish magazine Hot Press in 2006, Noel Gallagher from Oasis declared that "Ray Stubbs is a fucking legend". Are you aware of that?

Am I aware of that? I've got the article blown up, framed and made into wallpaper for my house. Actually I haven't, but it's given me a good idea.

Can you remember why this Mancunian wild man of rock thinks you're a legend?

I can remember the incident vividly, yes.

And would you care to share it with our readers?

It was at the World Cup 2006 wrap party and we were playing a drinking game that the younger generation of the BBC staff present launched. When the challenge was set, I felt I had to stick up for the old brigade and try to hold my own.

According to Gallagher, you downed two steins of German lager in the time it took the assembled throng to sing the theme music to Match of the Day. That's impressive ...

I can't remember the exact details, but it was something like that. As an observer from afar, Noel was probably in a better position to remember than me. As someone who admires his music so much, I was incredibly pleased when I heard he'd said that.

It seems to have been quite a party, with Gallagher there, alongside Alessandro Del Piero and Spike Lee, among other celebrities.

It was fascinating. Martin O'Neill was there, Marcel Desailly ... Leonardo. In fact the final line of the Fiver the day after was that the "the BBC's wrap party wasn't as dull as the coverage".

Readt the full interview here.

Source: www.guardian.co.uk

Click here to win a Black Bomber Jacket (Lime Trim) from Pretty Green.

No comments