Breaking News

Alan McGee Spills Beans On Oasis



Oasis used to go on five-day drug binges.

The ‘Cigarettes and Alcohol’ rockers – who disbanded in August 2009 following a series of explosive rows between frontman Liam Gallagher and his brother, guitarist Noel Gallagher - were renowned for their hard partying in the 90s and their former record company boss, Creation head Alan McGee, said they partied harder than any of the other bands on the label, including Primal Scream.

Alan told Shortlist magazine: “With drugs and stuff Oasis were definitely the wildest. They were just intense. It was never one night with them – they’d start on a Friday and end on a Wednesday.”

Following the Oasis split, Liam, 38, recently revealed he has calmed his partying lifestyle for the sake of his three children.

He said: “In my pram I was a rock star. But I'm older now. I don't wanna grow up like a d**k. I don't want to get to 40 and embarrass my kids.

“I don't want to sound like a hippy but it's great. I run. With golf, I love making proper contact with that ball.

“I'm still on the fish. Sardines or salmon. Salad. I feel good. It's only the cigarettes that really stand in me way.”

Liam has since gone on to front Beady Eye, while Noel is working on his first solo album. -

Source: Bang Showbiz

No comments