Breaking News

Listen To Noel Gallagher's 'If I Had A Gun' Now!













LISTEN TO THE SONG HERE

When it comes to reputations in the music industry, it’s a shame that Noel Gallagher, formerly of Oasis, is ofttimes equated more with his tumultuous sibling rivalry with brother Liam Gallagher than with his fantastic guitar playing and talented songwriting skills.

Which is why Noel Gallagher’s debut solo effort on his upcoming album High Flying Birds on Sour Mash/Mercury Records is so important.

Despite his dramatic split from Oasis in 2009, Gallagher still deems his work with the band as a vital creative aspect of his life, but High Flying Birds really lets Gallagher’s talents soar solo and sans drama.

We’ve got an exclusive new track called “If I Had A Gun…” for you from High Flying Birds. Check it out and tell us what you think!

Set to be released on November 8th, High Flying Birds will be Noel Gallagher’s first solo album project since his split with Oasis in 2009.

Gallagher starts touring this fall to support his new solo venture.

KROQ will present one of Noel Gallagher’s autumn shows at UCLA Royce Hall on November 17th, 2011. Tickets will go on sale next Friday, September 9th at 10am, but KROQ will have a presale on Thursday, September 8th from 10am-10pm.

Expect to hear some Oasis tracks from the musician; as the primary acting songwriter for Oasis, Gallagher holds the songs closely to his psyche.

“I’m proud of them and of what they mean to people,” Gallagher said. “I’ll never do a gig without playing them. They’re like drugs to me.”

Some of the songs that Noel Gallagher wrote for Oasis during their massive fifteen year career include “Live Forever,” “Supersonic,” “Wonderwall,” and “Don’t Look Back In Anger.”

“If I Had A Gun…” follows suit with a lush, melodic Britpop arrangement, melancholic love lyrics, and the swirling rush of Gallagher’s swaggering guitar riffs.

Source: KROQ

15 comments

Anonymous said...

Track not available.

Anonymous said...

It was just now check youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsKCQtSg-vY&feature=player_embedded

Anonymous said...

If I had a gun, i'd shoot a hole into the sun
Love will burn this city down for you
If I had the time, i'd stop the world and make you mine
and everyday would stay the same with you

(aaaaaaaahhhh)

give you back the dream, show you now what might have been
For the tears you cried would fade away
I'll be by your side when they come to say goodbye
We will live to find another day


Excuse me if I spoke to soon
My eyes have always followed you ..... the room
'cause you're the only
God that i'll ever need
i'm holding on and waiting for the moment to find me


(aaaaahhhhh)



Hope i didn't speak to soon
My eyes have always followed you ..... the room
'cause you're the only
God that i'll ever need
i'm holding on and waiting for the moment
for my heart to be unbroken by the sea


(aaaaaaahh)


Let me fly you to the moon
My eyes have always followed you ..... the room
'cause you're the only
God that i'll ever need
i'm holding on and waiting for the moment to find me


If I had a gun, i'd shoot a hole into the sun
Love will burn this city down for you

Andy Bell's Third Shoe said...

it's all over the web, YouTube, soundcloud etc it's not hard to find... great tune Noel is a genius....

Anonymous said...

Track not available.

Ok,I found it, heard it. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

pathetic lyrics as usual. Beady Eye are fun, this is rainy depression for people who don't have a good time.

Anonymous said...

magical track!

Madferit! said...

The Beady Eye fan has spoken. May we now focus on music? Well, we had already heard the soundcheck and it was amazing but now we can say it for sure, it's a brilliant track.

aussie said...

The Chief Is Back. Haunting Track. Top Notch.

Anonymous said...

Any link to download it? thanks :)

Anonymous said...

music? terrible production, totally unclear sound. And it's not a new song, it's from the 2004 sessions.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why his songs always remind me of someone depressed with some ugly girlfriend who left them

Danny said...

I think it's a fantastic song, well constructed as you would imagine from Noel.

Anonymous said...

sounds like some Coldplay b-side... not a compliment.

Anonymous said...

overrated and idolised by easy-crying blinded fans.