Breaking News

Liam Gallagher On Oasis, Football And More


Interview excerpts from 11freunde.de

Liam Gallagher on ....

… the Oasis split and parallels between football and music

The band or the team is the most important thing. Don’t care about the managers and other things, people come and go, but what stays is the team and the crowd. It’s like the Oasis split up. Noel’s gone but it’s the same with a football player. If you fucking wanna move on, then move on. But we go on as a team. No one is ever bigger than the club or the band.

… his brother Noel

He was just a defender. I’m on the wing, coming in. A bit like Arjen Robben. I get the ball and fucking run. Not even kicking it, I’m running with the ball into the net.
… the English national team

I am not that patriotic. If they won the World Cup, that would be great. But that's not what's going to happen. It is not going with that Italian guy. He should go. We need someone who speaks English. It is an English team and we need someone who is going to the line and shout: “You fucking cunt, what are you doing there?” Harry Redknapp would be the man, he’d be mega, he’d be proper.

… City and the money

I don’t care if people in fucking Düsseldorf or Frankfurt don’t like City right now. It doesn’t interest me one bit – you need money to buy good players. If you have no money, the players won’t come to City. Even if the Premier League has been ruined by money, fucking get over it. That’s the way it is.
The Arabs came and gave us some money. They are not in debt. I have never met an Arab who is in debt, have you?

… the FA Cup last season
It was the greatest moment for me as a City supporter – without a doubt. It was the first time we won anything. Mega. What I really enjoyed, was beating United in the semi-final. Both of my balls were buzzing. In the end we were the last ones out – we tried to leave but everything was locked.
… the Poznan dance

It’s great. I do it everywhere. In the morning when I get up and when I am having a shower, then I do the Poznan dance. Last time we played in Belfast and the crowd was doing the Poznan – brilliant.
… Balotelli

He has attitude. Right now footballers are just a bit too professional. They are all like Coldplay. You need exciting players, the ones who are a bit bonkers. Balotelli is crazy, but he is young. I think, when the penny drops, he will be a mega-player.

… Footballers in general

In England the players normally listen to Rap. To be quite honest, footballers are not cool, they are idiots or the majority of them are. 90 percent of the footballers are absolute fucking cocks. They listen to fucking Black Eyed Peas. And the clothes they wear – ridiculous.

2 comments

Anonymous said...

Redknapp the man? no way Liam, he looks like one sleeping.
Shouting at players is what the Italian guy has been doing... they don't get it.

Anonymous said...

the Italian guy had good results, they lost only 1 real game... England's problem is not the manager...