Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Finds It Impossible To Say "No Comment"











Rock legend Noel Gallagher hates his outspoken reputation, but can’t understand why more stars aren’t as honest as he is.

Ever since Oasis’s early days, Noel has been a favourite with journalists because of his loose tongue.

But he reckons he doesn’t mean to cause a stir, he just finds it “impossible to say no comment”.

The 44-year-old told me: “I’m just cursed with an absolutely endless stream of one-liners. I’m sorry about that.”

During the Oasis years, Noel was famed for rubbishing the band’s previous efforts, saying the new record was their best yet.

But the dad-of-three said: “I do interviews set up by my record label to promote the albums. I’m not a travelling salesman who is selling Noel Gallagher – The Brand.”

The megamouth, who quit Oasis in 2009, added: “People say it’s the way I talk in interviews that makes people interested.

“But they just mean I’m honest. ‘Oh, he’s got a way with honesty, that lad…’ How depressing is that?” He’s already regretting opening his trap about another record, due next spring, though.

He promised it would be more experimental than his No 1 Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds.

He sighed: “A lot of people are looking forward to it, which I’m a bit nervous about. They’re building it up in their own minds, thinking it’s going to be something it might not be when they hear it.

“It’s f***ing good, but I probably shouldn’t have announced it. But I just thought, ‘It’s finished, so f*** it, here’s what I’ve been working on’.”

Source: www.dailystar.co.uk

No comments