Breaking News

Ex-Oasis Star To Sell Famous Drum Kit













Former Oasis drummer Tony McCarroll is selling the famous drum kit he played on iconic album Definitely Maybe.

Tony left the Britpop legends on bad terms in 1995 but was on pots and pans for songs like Supersonic and Rock'n'Roll Star that made Gallagher brothers Liam and Noel household names.

He took legal action against the band and Creation Records in 1999, arguing that he was owed a share of Oasis's profits.

Eventually he settled out of court for £600,000 and an agreement that he would cut all ties with the band.

But ever since he has struggled to make a living, trying to find work as a drum teacher and doing other odd jobs. Now Tony is cashing in on memorabilia after clearing out a lock-up where he has been storing all his old kit.

He told me: "I've never taken advantage of the Oasis connections over the years. There have been a lot of offers and opportunities but I just never felt the need to.

"I've been living a really normal life, nothing much has been going on.

"I've been looking into DJing with Clint Boon.

"I heard a rumour Wayne Rooney was interested in buying the drum kit and thought that might be better than leaving it in storage.

"It has been locked away for years with all my old discs, so it's getting dusted down now.

"It was a great recording set — Premier kit. Back in the day we would hire cymbals but the bass drum, toms and Black Beauty snare were mine. It's all up for auction.

"If this rolls out well I'll be giving part of the proceeds to a music-related charity too."

If you want to put in a bid for the class kit, made in England, visit the Facebook page for Tony's book, Oasis: The Truth, and send a private message with a bid and your contact details.

The successful bidder will be announced by the end of next month.

Tony added: "I'd love nothing better than to one day shake hands with all the boys. Time is a great healer.

"I still bump into Bonehead now and again in Altrincham. He's a top bloke.

"It's a shame it all ended up weird and bitter."

I would put the money up myself, but I can't quite compete with the power of Rooney's wallet.

But if Tony sells the kit to a Man United player, that would definitely end all hope of a handshake with the Gallagher brothers.

Source: www.thesun.co.uk

No comments