Breaking News

Andy Bell Sat And Watched As Oasis Disintegrated


Rocker Andy Bell has confessed he sat back and did nothing as warring Oasis brothers Liam and Noel Gallagher had a furious fight which spelled the end of the band.

Bell joined Oasis as the Wonderwall hitmakers' new bassist in 1999 and he was still in the band when they split following a backstage bust-up between the Gallaghers at a venue in Paris, France in 2009.

Now the rocker has opened up about the incident, admitting he deliberately refused to intervene as the pair clashed because he had been previously warned to avoid getting involved in their regular confrontations.

Bell, who went on to form Beady Eye with Liam and Oasis guitarist Gem Archer, tells rock magazine Q, "I've got to put my hands up and say I did sit there and freeze. I felt it wasn't my place to interfere. I'd been told as much in the past as well. I did step in on previous occasions, like in Barcelona, and was told, 'Don't go there'. I'm fine with what happened. I have no interest in furthering the beef."

Source: dailystar.co.uk

No comments