Breaking News

Noel Gallagher Slams Rihanna's Entourage Army













Noel Gallagher has spoken out against Rihanna and her entourage, criticising the singer for courting a celebrity lifestyle and rinsing it for whatever she can get.

Gallagher was speaking at this year's GQ Awards, which were held in London last night (3 September, 2013), where he revealed his disgust at which the lengths fans and designers went to in order to reach the 'Diamonds' superstar, and how she embraces their gifts.

"I don't do rock star stuff. I don't wear sunglasses all the time - I tend to wear them when it's sunny," says Gallagher in an interview with GQ. "I don't have an entourage, and when I do it's pathetic. Never more than two people. "I was at a festival in Norway and Rihanna's just arrived with 100 people. Fucking small army. And I had to go into this room, which was all just racks of clothing and stuff that designers and punters had brought to give to Rihanna. And they all had these cards in front of them, saying: 'Dear Rihanna, we are such huge fans, please accept this $90,000 handbag from whoever and whoever'."

Gallagher also reveals that after seeing this, he took the opportunity to see how far the singer would go with gifts, and left a gift himself.

"I'm reading all these cards as I'm waiting to go in so I went back to my dressing room and got the little bowl of Cadbury's Sensations and left it there on her table with a card saying 'Dear Rihanna, please accept these chocolates on behalf of Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds'. And she took them. She fucking took them."

Gallagher also hit out at fans who approached him when he was off duty from his High Flying Birds frontman role, and singled out fans who asked him to sign inappropriate items.

"If someone comes up to you in Selfridges while you're buying socks and pants, and gives you a tube ticket to sign... I have to say, 'I am not signing that'. It's the argumentative soul in me," he tells the magazine. "'Why not?' Well, what are you going to do with it? Are you going to put that tube ticket on a plinth at home? Come on. Go and get an album. I'll be in this section buying socks for the next 45 minutes. HMV is downstairs.

"You can be there and back in ten minutes. Do not make me sign the back of a fucking receipt from Boots."

Source: gigwise.com

No comments