Breaking News

Alex James: 'I Still Annoy Noel Gallagher'













Blur bassist discusses Noel and Damon Albarn's newfound bromance

Alex James described Noel Gallagher and Damon Albarn as "best buddies" while appearing on XFM Breakfast with Jon Holmes this morning (April 10).

Holmes told the Blur bassist-turned-cheese-maker that he had introduced the pair onstage the night they played together at the Royal Albert Hall, leading James to reveal: "They've been, like, best buddies ever since."

Asked what he made of their friendship, James added: "I think it's a lovely, lovely ending. They have got quite a lot in common, and they obviously enjoy each others company. It's a nice way to end. I think I still annoy him a bit, but I really try not to!"

In this week's NME, on newsstands now and available digitally, Albarn reveals that making an album with Noel Gallagher is a "distinct possibility" in future.

"I still see Noel from time to time. We text a bit," Albarn says. When asked if the pair would be making a record together, he replied, "I can imagine that being a very distinct possibility at some point in the future. But, as yet we haven't really talked about it, although…"

Albarn continues: "OK we have a little bit. We're talking. It's not anything to get excited about yet. I mean, he's doing his thing. He's finishing a new record. I've got my record coming out, but the principle of us making music together is something…you know, it would be fair to say, we have discussed it at least once."

Source: www.nme.com

Check out the current collection and offers from Pretty Green here.

No comments