Breaking News

Ewan McGregor Compares ‘Trainspotting’ To Oasis


Ewan McGregor has spoken out about the impact and legacy of ‘Trainspotting’ – hailing it as ‘the Oasis of the movie world’.

Last week, the full trailer for ‘Trainspotting 2’ AKA ‘T2’ was unveiled – before the actor who plays Renton took online to also share an emotional response to the Oasis documentary film, ‘Supersonic’.

Now, McGregor has combined his two loves in his latest interview.

“I watched that ‘Supersonic’ documentary last night about Oasis and it made me feel really extraordinarily elated, because I was such an Oasis fan, and at the same time just so depressed that that time’s gone,” he told Radio X. “And that reminded me about that time from ‘Trainspotting’. We were sort of the Oasis of the movie world.

“And the new one has got all of that nostalgia in it. And I think we’ll be very touched by it.”

Source: www.nme.com

No comments