Breaking News

Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins Praises Liam Gallagher


Foo Fighters‘ Taylor Hawkins has spoken out in praise of Liam Gallagher – hailing him as a ‘fucking good rock singer’ and remembering ‘great nights out’ together.

The drummer, who just released his new mini solo album ‘KOTA‘, was talking to NME about the inspiration to work on music away from the Foos, when he opened up about his admiration for the former Beady Eye and Oasis man – and even compared him to Freddie Mercury.

“I’ll tell you something about Liam Gallagher,” Hawkins told NME. “That guy is such a fucking good rock good singer. When people talk about Freddie Mercury, they’re like ‘Oh my god, he’s so outrageous’ – a lot of people just skip past the actual thing of what it is that made them great. I watched that Oasis documentary [Supersonic] the other day, and there’s this part were he just sings ‘Champagne Supernova’ in one take in its entirety, and you just go ‘oh fuck’, you know, the reason we all liked him in the first place is because he’s a fucking good singer. He can fucking sing a rock ‘n’ roll song dude.”

Hawkins continued: “I hope him and his brother can get his shit together. I mean come on boys, everyone wants to see Oasis again, give us a break – come on!”

When asked about how long he’d known the Gallaghers and the Foos history of playing live with Oasis, Hawkins replied: “Oh yeah I’ve known those cats off and on. I was playing shows when I was drummer for Alanis Morissette for all these Christmas festivals, so the Foo Fighters were doing it before I was in the band, Jane’s Addiction, and Oasis. It was right when that album ‘What’s The Story? (Morning Glory)’ came out. We’d be in England and  every single car was either playing Blur or Oasis.”

He went on: It was such a fun time, 1995-96, it was amazing. I remember their bus would pull up, outside of Ohio or New Jersey or something like that, and watching those two guys smacking each other, not even out of the bus. We’re going ‘ oh my god, there they are the real deal’. They look amazing and they’re beating the crap out of each other and I can’t even understand a word they are saying. I had a couple of great nights with them Liam back in the day, back in the 90s.

“Every time I see him I get a big hug. I love him. I think he’s one of the great frontmen over the last 20 years, no question. As far as a guy who can hold a microphone and sing, and really not do much of anything. He can move, one little sway, his hair’s always impeccable and he’s always got the best sweatshirt you’ve ever seen in your life.”

Source: www.nme.com

No comments