Breaking News

Noel Gallagher On Tracks From His New Album, A Unfinished Song And More


Noel Gallagher has spoken to The Sunday Times about his new album 'Who Built the Moon?' that is released on November 24th, it's been reported by them that the album is packed with huge choruses and generic sentiments.

And that there are nods to Primal Scream, Doves and Chemical Brothers.

He said his wife Sara, who is “not into guitar music”, was the real test. “If I’m making music, she’ll say, ‘That’s nice.’ But I was playing something new when she burst in to say, ‘It’s amazing!’ I went, ‘Now we’re on to something.’”

As previously reported the opening track of the album, 'Fort Knox', was written imagining that Kanye West was about to put a rap over it.

While It’s a Beautiful World has a bit of French in which a women says something that translates as: “Rest in peace/It’s only the end of the world. The thing is, nobody in the studio spoke French, and they didn’t think to ask what had been said until the lyric sheets were printed. “But then France is a pretty volatile place at the minute”.

“There was a track we didn’t finish that was drawn out of the Paris attacks. And the Nice ones. We were working on it around Brexit, too, and not that I give a shit about that, but, symbolically, we abandoned the French at the time they were under attack. I felt bad for the French.”

“There was a bit on the news after the attacks, about something we put up in space, and it was so fantastic, what humankind had done. The very next day in the news, some shithead who used to work in Lidl was throwing gay men off a roof in Raqqa, and it’s, like, ‘You scumbag.’ The rest of us are discovering the cosmos and you medieval f*****s are throwing gay people. And he used to work in Lidl? In Bury? F****** c***. It’s all going to come out in that song.”

“Well, everything pre-international terrorism was a bit flowery to me,” he replies. “And what annoys me most is you see the mayor [of London] saying, ‘We will not be cowed.’” Gallagher says there’s nothing wrong with being afraid. “I get on the Tube. My eldest is 17. She uses the Tube. My boys are growing up in London and use public transport. I’m frightened.

“Are you going to walk into an attack and die? Or survive with half an arm? Are your kids going to walk into it on a night out? I’m not buying Khan and his ‘London will stand firm’. I live in the centre and it concerns the f*** out of me.”

Read the full interview in The Sunday Times today.

No comments